Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My my, what I wouldn't give to be Batgirl + Recipe# 2

Yes Batgirl. Not Supergirl. I don't want to be some goddess-like super hero who has decided to 'humble' myself and do good for an indecisive society.
But Batgirl, hell yeah.
Intelligent, fit, mysterious but approachable - Batgirl kicks butt.

I would give anything to be Batgirl-like. Can't you just imagine it - getting all my readings done for all my classes *even the ones I despise*; being able to do good without drawing so much attention; coming up with brilliant stories and articles in the time it takes me to mentally prepare for them now; so, so much more.
Amazing.
If I could be Batgirl, like I said before, I would kick butt.

But alas, here I am, regular Sobia. Dumbfounded that the day has passed on so quickly, and I've done so little in the time that passed. Crazy.
There is definitely something simple I am excited about though, and as silly as it sounds, I'm going to share it here:
I made my own trail mix.
That's right, my own trail mix. And I am very proud and excited.
It sounds like a small accomplishment, and it is. But I feel like we take time out to acknowledge useless things all the time, so now I'm taking time out to acknowledge one of those little things that just makes me plain happy =)

Anyhow, so I read a blog in the summer about people making their own trail mixes and I thought to myself 'Boy, I'd really like to try making a trail mix of my own tonight!'
But I just never got around to it for so many various reasons, as usual.
But today, I looked into our pantry, and the light bulb above my head went 'Bing!'
So I sat down and compiled all this together (Recipe# 2):

A handful of dried papaya chunks
A handful of sweet dates, not too sticky
2 Chips Ahoy chocolate chunk and white chocolate cookies
A bit more than a handful of namak para *brown people snack - it's basically lightly salted dough, thinly rolled out, cut into diamond shapes and fried*
A decent sprinkling of coconut flakes
4 dried figs

I cut up the fruits into smaller pieces, broke the namak para and cookies in to pieces, and the coconut flakes and tossed it all into a bowl.
It's sweet and salty, and slightly chocolaty, and not bad at all!
Of course, even when I resisted I couldn't help but add at least a little of my brownness to the mix with the dates and namak para. But it all makes for an interesting taste.
Try this mix, or make your own trail mix. It's definitely a lot of fun.

Funny, now that I think about it, but if I was Batgirl, I probably wouldn't have had time to make this awesome trail mix.
Good to have little moments that help you appreciate what you have =)

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, this is literally my first time getting on after i posted this entry which is why i havent replied, but now i can - and i shall!

    THANK YOU! =D

    ReplyDelete